|This article is for: Competition Administrators
Leagues sit under competitions and allow for different age group, gender, division, axis, field size, and rounds/ladder/finals structures. In addition, Competition Administrators can define ladder, result, and fixture visibility ensuring that non-competitive leagues are hidden from public view if required.
Leagues can be created manually or generated automatically. The system can automatically associate teams to their correct league by matching the competition, age group, division, axis, and gender of the team to the league composition. No manual reconciliation and administration are required if the grading process has verified all teams as having their information set correctly through the grading process.
The following entities need to be completed before creating Leagues: Seasons, Competitions, Age Groups and Divisions. Teams need to be completed if automatically generating leagues. Football Calendar and Timetable are not required to create/generate leagues but will need to be created to schedule matches and attach the league composition.
Generating leagues automatically
To generate leagues automatically, complete the following steps:
Select Leagues from the Actions menu or the main navigation menu.
Select the relevant Competition from the upper centre of the page.
Click(Bulk Actions) from the task menu.
Click Generate Leagues.
Set the parameters displayed. Select Include Previously Allocated Teams if allocating teams that are already in a current league.
Click Next. The system will display all leagues that can be generated based on teams, age groups, and divisions that have been previously created.
Click(Preview Teams) to view team information for the league.
Set the parameters and toggle on/off any leagues if needed.
Review the leagues and then click Generate.
Click Return to Leagues.
Click(Refresh Leagues) to refresh the page and view all changes.
Generating leagues manually
To generate leagues manually, complete the following steps:
Select Leagues from the Actions menu or the main navigation menu.
Click +(Create) from the task menu. The Create New League form is displayed.
- Enter all the relevant information for the League.
Name League name. Prepopulated if leagues are automatically generated but can be renamed. Type
- Structured: Used in most cases where the league falls into a composition that plays out within a set structure.
- Unstructured: Used if the league does not follow a set structure (useful for trial matches/friendlies). A Game Leader (GL) can accept allocations and administer match sheets.
Age Group Age Group associated to the league. Division Division associated to the league. Gender Gender associated to the league. Axis Axis associated to the league (optional). Match Duration Duration of a match that is linked to the league. Minimum Time Between Matches Set the time block between matches (optional). Matchsheet Reports/Disputes/Modifications Until (mins) After Kickoff Set the time that these can be actioned after kick-off. Ball Size Ball size to be used for a match linked to the league Field Size Field size to be used for a match linked to the league. Ladder Strategy
The way in which the ladders will be sorted:
- Head to Head Preference: Ladders are sorted by points, goal difference, highest goals for, most wins order of priority, with a supplementary sort taking place if teams are on the same points where the head-to-head results between those team will determine the position.
- Traditional Points/GD (Goal Difference): Ladders are sorted by points, goal difference, highest goals for, most wins order of priority.
- Traditional Point Average/GD (Goal Difference): Ladders are sorted by total points divided by games played.
- Point Win Goal Difference: Ladders are sorted by points, number of wins, goal difference.
Final Score Strategy
The way in which the final score of a game will be committed and ladders updated:
- Matchsheet Completion: The referee enters the score and completes the match sheet.
- Single Team Recorder Completion: Any team recorder enters the score.
- Both Team Recorder Completion: Both team recorders enter the score.
- Matchsheet & Single Team Recorder Completion: Any team recorder enters the score. The referee also enters the score and completes the match sheet.
- Matchsheet & Both Team Recorder Completion: Both team recorders enter the score. The referee also enters the score and completes the match sheet.
Enforce Ladder Position Preference In Finals Draws Select this item to enforce the ladder position preference in finals draws. Priority Used to set the fixture scheduling prioritisation across leagues in a competition. Reset League From Round Resets scheduling to accommodate for teams being added or removed mid competition. Fixture/Result/Ladder Access
Provides the ability to set who can access fixtures for the league:
- Body: Body Administrator access only.
- Public: Anyone can view.
Match Centre Select Display Squads and/or Display Timeline to have these tabs visible within the match centre. Enable Half Time Scoring Select this item to enable team recorders and/or referees to enter half time scores. Generate Fixtures Clear this item to disable the ability to automatically generate fixtures using Bulk Options. Default Washout Status Select whether washed out matches will be rescheduled or cancelled. Referee Select which referee roles are required for matches in this league. Roster Enable Priority
Select this item to enforce referee rostering priority.
The automated allocation of referees will be performed first, before any leagues without this priority set.
Club Rate Percentage Set the ratio of Home and Away games. Matchsheets Select which fields are to be entered and displayed on the match sheet. Referee Player Visibility
Select when a referee will be able to see the list of players from either team in the match sheet process:
- After Team Submission: The referee will gain access to the team list once the reporter of that team submits their team on the match sheet.
- After Team Confirmation: The referee will gain access to the team list once the reporter of that team submits their team and the opposition reporter confirms that team on the match sheet.
Enforce Matchsheet Time Entry Select this item to enforce the entry of the fields selected in Matchsheet. [tbc] Club League Link Select the club/branch that will have access to matches for this league. [tbc] Certificates Select this item so that only referees and game leaders with the relevant certificates can be assigned to matches in this league. Feedback Survey Config
Select this item to allow for the reporters of either team to provide feedback to predefined surveys. A list of survey questions may be selected so that a response to these is requested by the team recorders.
- How was your gameday experience?
- How was the referee punctuality and performance?
Team Registration Config
Select Maximum Nominations Reached to close off team nominations once full or no further editing is permitted.
Click Create. This will populate the list on the left-hand side where further edits can be made to the league, such as adding teams, borrowing restrictions, ladder adjustments, and so on.