This article is for a Competition Administrator and Club Administrator who needs to map a coach or manager to multiple teams.
Dribl supports the ability for coaches and managers to be mapped or assigned to multiple teams. A coach or manager can be assigned to multiple teams if the competition settings allow it or an individual Allocation Restriction has been configured for a member by a Competition Administrator.
A Competition Administrator can define the maximum number of teams a coach and manager can be allocated to by configuring the Allocation Restrictions for a competition. When configured, the setting is applied across the entire competition and is enforced for every member participating in it.
This setting is usually defined when Creating a Competition, however can be configured after a competition has been created.
To configure Allocation Restrictions for a competition:
- Select the Competitions icon from the Actions menu or the main navigation menu.
- Select the Edit Competition button from the Actions menu.
- On the 'Edit Competition' screen, scroll down to the Allocation Restrictions section.
- Enter a value for the Coaches assignable to number of Teams and Managers assignable to number of Teams options to define the maximum teams a coach and manager can be allocated to. By default, there is no limit enforced.
- Click the Update button to save your entry.
A Competition Administrator can configure an Allocation Restriction for an individual member which will override the competition settings. This method is used when an exception needs to be made for an individual coach or manager.
To configure Allocation Restrictions for a member:
- Click the Members icon from the Actions menu or the main navigation menu.
- Locate the player record and select the Allocation Restrictions button from the Actions menu to create a new Allocation Restriction.
- Click Add Allocation Restriction.
- Select a Competition from the available list
- Select Coach or Manager from the Role list
- Specify the maximum number of teams this Coach or Manager can be assigned to for the specified competition. This value will override the competition allocation restrictions settings.
- Click Create to save your entry.
By default, the Team Mapper tool only displays members that have not yet been allocated to a team in the Available Members list.
In Team Mapper, select the Coaches tab. If the Allocation Restrictions allow for a Coach to be mapped to another team, click the Allocated toggle button to display members that have already been allocated.
Locate the member that you need to map from within the Member List and click the Add Member icon to add them to the team.
You can optionally use the member search and filter tools to refine the results as required.
Select the Managers tab and repeat the same process to map any managers to the team.