This article is for a Competition Administrator and Club Administrator who needs to map a player to multiple teams.
Dribl supports the ability for players to be mapped or assigned to multiple teams. A player can be assigned to multiple teams if the competition settings allow it or an individual Allocation Restriction has been configured for a member by a Competition Administrator.
A Competition Administrator can define the maximum number of teams a player can be allocated to by configuring the Allocation Restrictions for a competition. When configured, the setting is applied across the entire competition and is enforced for every member participating in it.
This setting is usually defined when Creating a Competition, however can be configured after a competition has been created.
To configure Allocation Restrictions for a competition:
- Select Competitions from the Actions menu or the main navigation menu.
- Select the Edit Competition button from the Actions menu.
- On the Edit Competition page, scroll down to the Allocation Restrictions section.
- Enter a value for the Players assignable to number of Teams option to define the maximum teams a member can be allocated to as a player. The default value is '1'.
- Click Update to save your entry.
A Competition Administrator can configure an Allocation Restriction for an individual member which will override the competition settings. This method is used when an exception needs to be made for an individual player.
To configure Allocation Restrictions for a member:
- Click Members from the Actions menu or the main navigation menu.
- Locate the player record and select the Allocation Restrictions button from the Actions menu to create a new Allocation Restriction.
- Click Add Allocation Restriction.
- Select a Competition from the available list.
- Select Player from the Role list.
- Specify the maximum number of teams this player can be assigned to for the specified competition. This value will override the competition allocation restrictions settings.
- Click the Create button to save your entry.
By default, the Team Mapper tool only displays members that have not yet been allocated to a team in the Available Members list.
If the Allocation Restrictions allow for a player to be mapped to another team, click on the Allocated toggle button to display members that have already been allocated.
Locate the member that you need to map from within the Member List and click on Add Member button to add them to the team.
You can optionally use the member search and filter tools to refine the results as required.